Lasting Impressions Workshop Details:
LENGTH OF SESSION:
One full day (9 to 5) with three breaks (lunch break and two tea breaks)
When it comes to success in modern business, communicating with confidence is key. Knowing what is expected, and accepted as appropriate behavior for every business and professional situation is vital. And, knowledge about how to present yourself professionally gives you a powerful edge over the competition. Whether it’s the boardroom, the dining room or the locker room, and whether you are representing yourself, your family, or your company, you want to put your best foot forward. This practical and interesting session will help you master the first minutes for first impressions and attain your personal and professional best.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS SESSION?
This seminar is for anyone who wants to present him or herself in the most positive way possible. Anyone who meets new clients or sells for a company or organization, face-to-face, electronically, or over the phone, this session is for you. Managers, front-line personnel, customer service people, and anyone who represents their company in public would benefit.
RATIONALE FOR THIS SESSION:
The first few minutes of an interaction can make or break business relationships; first impressions do matter and anyone who expects to build relationships for business needs to consider the impression he/she is sending.
Upon completing of this session, participants will be better able to:
- Understand how “civility” helps individuals achieve professional and personal goals.
- Practice proper introductions, handshakes and use of business cards.
- Master the nonverbal impression you send others.
- Communicate an “I’m competent” message when you’re not feeling overly confident.
- Handle any situation with increased confidence and leave a more positive first impression through your work habits, attitude and attire.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS SESSION:
- The elements of a first impression
- Five essential behavior for greetings in North America
- Proper use of business cards
- Guidelines for introductions
- Tricks for remembering names
Poise7 Certificate on Lasting Inpressions in affiliation with The Center For Organizational Cultural Competence, Canada.